With Homey, you can create accounts for all your smart home's users. This is great because you don’t have to share your own account or password. It also allows you to manage and control who has access.
The advantages of using accounts
Homey lets you make use of having one account per user. This offers a lot of advantages:
- You can manage multiple Homeys with a single login.
- Owners can add and revoke access easily, allowing temporary access.
- Sharing your Wi-Fi password does not let people access your Homey.
- You can log in from anywhere around the world, the same way you do so at home.
Adding a new user to Homey
- Open the Homey app and navigate to
+symbol in the top right corner →
Create shareable link.
- You can share this link via your phone's apps, like WhatsApp, Mail, or direct message.
Managing and revoking access
- Go to
Familyto view all accounts that have access to your Homey.
- To permanently revoke or temporarily disable access, use the
Roles & Permissions
There are four roles a user can have:
Guest. Only one user can be the Owner of Homey at the same time.
|View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Manage||Control-only|
|Flows||View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Start|
|Alarms||View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Manage||View|
|Insights||View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Manage||View|
|Logic Variables||View & Manage||View & Manage||View & Manage||View|
|Apps||View & Manage||View & Manage||View||View|
|Users||View & Manage||View||View||View|
|View & Manage||View||View||View|
|Presence||All users||All users||Self||Self|