At this moment, there is no official Ring app for Homey. While we are working with Ring on making this happen, in the meantime there is a workaround available using IFTTT and Homey Webhooks.
Creating a Flow with Webhooks
- In the Homey Web App, navigate to
- Add a When card → select
Webhook event has been received.
- In the
Eventfield, type a unique phrase, such as
- Hover over the
iicon, and copy the URL displayed there.
- The URL should look like this:
- The final URL should look like this:
- Copy this URL, you will need it for your IFTTT applet.
- Finally, add the When-cards you want to start when someone rings the doorbell. For example, play a sound on a Sonos speaker, create a Timeline notification, flash the lights, etc. That's up to you!
Creating a new IFTTT Applet
- If you don't have an IFTTT account, visit
ifttt.comand sign up for their service.
- Go to
ifttt.com/createto create a new applet.
If This, search for
New Ring Detected.
Then That, search for
Make a web request.
|URL||The Webhook URL you obtained by creating a Webhook Flow card.|
|Additional Headers||Keep Empty|
Now you can activate your applet, and you're done! 🎉