After the initial setup of the Homey Skill, Alexa should automatically discover all your devices connected to Homey. They will be available when you open the
Devices tab in the Alexa app.
- All lights are listed in the
Lightssection in the top menu.
- All plugs are listed in the
Plugssection in the top menu.
- The rest of the devices can be found under
Discovering new devices
After you add a new device to Homey, Alexa should discover it automatically in time. If you want to speed up the process, simply refresh the list of devices.
- Go to the
Devicestab in the Alexa app.
- Scroll up until a refresh icon pops up.
- Alexa will now find all supported devices connected to Homey.
Alexa has limited support for certain devices. Only the following devices currently work with Homey & Alexa:
- Door Locks
- Blinds and Curtains
- Other devices with On/Off functionality
- Rename devices in the Alexa app to make them easier for Alexa to understand.
- When you remove devices from Homey, run the device discovery process again to synchronize.