Zigbee is one of the wireless technologies in Homey and is used by popular brands like IKEA, Philips Hue, Xiaomi Aqara, and others to control devices. The Zigbee technology creates its own mesh network in your home, relaying commands between devices. Resolve Zigbee issues with the following tips.
Nothing happens when connecting a new Zigbee device
This might mean that Homey can not directly pair to other Zigbee devices anymore. Homey has a fixed limit of 15 'direct children'. More devices will need to be paired via additional routers, which are mains-powered Zigbee devices like bulbs, plugs, or modules.
The solution here is simple.
- Remove end devices, which are battery-powered devices like sensors.
- Pair new Zigbee routers.
- Then, you can use these routers to pair additional Zigbee devices to your network.
For more tips, see our Advice for building a stable Zigbee network.
Homey keeps showing “Interviewing device” without continuing
- Try to manually reset the device before restarting the pairing wizard.
- Try to put the device in learn mode again after 10-15 seconds while the “device is pairing” message is showing in the Homey App.
- Make sure no other Zigbee devices are currently in Learn Mode or stuck in it. This can happen to a number of devices, and they will interfere with the pairing process.
- To prevent further interference, remove the power and/or batteries from the problematic Zigbee devices.
- Try to pair the device closer to Homey, this often yields better results.