With normal use, there is no need for the Recovery Mode of Homey. However, there are a few reasons you might want to do so. Follow the steps below to use it.
There are two particular cases for enabling recovery mode:
- You want to connect Homey to a new Wi-Fi network
- Homey is not responding anymore
Entering Recovery Mode
- Make sure Homey is powered on in the upright position. Homey should be powered on for at least half a minute before continuing.
- To enter recovery mode, turn Homey upside down.
- Wait for the 10-second countdown to end.
- Homey is set to recovery mode and will ask you to open the Mobile App to get started, similar to when you first installed Homey.
Repeating the initial setup
- Once Homey is in recovery mode, open the Homey app and tap on
[+] Add a new Homey.
- Homey setup will automatically open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose between deleting all data (for a factory reset), or keeping it, to continue using Homey.
Removing the linked account via factory reset
If you don't want to link an existing or new Athom account to Homey and prefer factory resetting the device, follow the steps in this article.